- The single-judge bench of Justice Hrishikesh Roy pronounced the verdict around 11 am
- “FIR registered at Patna was correct”: SC
- Rhea Chakraborty requested Supreme Court to transfer the case to Mumbai.
“Need of the Hour” : SC
The court quotes, Sushant Singh Rajput was a talented actor in the Mumbai film world (Bollywood). The Apex Court adds, But he died well before his full potential could be realized.
Sushant’s family, friends, fans, admirers are keenly waiting for the outcome of the investigation.
SC orders Central Bureau of Investigation(CBI) probe into the FIR registered by the Bihar Police on the complaint of Rajput’s father Krishna Kishore Singh. The FIR will be reference to the CBI and pronounced it lawful.
Supreme Court said that Bihar government is competent to transfer the case to the CBI for investigation and asked the Mumbai police to hand over all evidence it has collected to the CBI.
The single-bench judge, Justice Roy, pronounced that if any other case is registered regarding the actor’s death, the same shall be probed by the CBI only.
The apex court said that jurisdiction of Mumbai Police, under section 174 of the CrPC which deals with procedure to be followed in cases of unnatural death and suicide, it had limited investigation powers.
The Bihar police, however, registered a “full-fledged FIR” ,on Rajput’s father complaint, which already stands referred to the CBI.
Meanwhile, reactions poured in from Bihar and also from the film industry.
Shweta Singh Kirti, sister of Sushant Singh Rajput took to Twitter for her initial reaction.
“There we go!! Finally!! CBI for SSR!! #CBITakesOver”, she tweeted.
In the very next tweet she thanked God for HIS answers to ‘their’ prayers. She tweets it is just the beginning for the Truth to revealed. They have full believe in Law and Order and the CBI investigation.
Further, Shweta Singh Kirti posts a personal tweet to her family in India. She expresses her happiness over the Supreme Court orders CBI probe. Shweta Singh is currently residing in California, USA.
The Sections and Articles of the IPC, CrPC, DSPE in the SSR case :-
- Section 174 [CrPC, 1973] : Police to enquire and report on suicide
- Section 6 [DSPE Act, 1946] : requirement of consent from the state government, before entrustment of investigation to the CBI.
- Article 142 : The Apex Court can pass any order necessary to do “complete justice” in any case.